Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Taiwan Trip

I visited Taiwan two weeks ago. My holidays lasted a week and I got to go to different parts of Taiwan to enjoy the food and scenery.

I arrived at Chiayi on the first night. After checking in, I went to the night market at Wen Hua Street. Food is really cheap and delicious there, especially 三色蛋 and 卤味.

Night market at Wen Hua Street



On the second day, I took a train to Alisan. It took more than 4 hours to reach there.

the train station at Chiayi


Alisan Xiao Huo Che

Alisan


Early in the morning, I took a train to Zhu Shan to see sunrise...It was really not easy for me to wake up so early and I had to climb up flights of stairs to get to the viewing point.





I arrived at Taipei in the evening on the third day. As the night was still young, I went to Ximending for a meal and at the same time, I went to take a picture of The Red Theatre.

The Red Theatre was renamed as Xi Men Hong Lou

On the next day, I went to watch Taiwanese Opera before going to Shilin for snacks. The performing troupe was Xiu Qin Ge Zi Xi Tuan.




I was told that I had to go to Taipei 101. I was pretty disappointed with that place. I left the place soon and went to Wu Fen Pu for shopping instead.


Finally, I went to Danshui for Fisherman's Wharf and Tie Dan.




It was really an enjoyable and fruitful trip for me. Given a chance, I would want to go there again...

No comments: