Monday, March 12, 2007

Long Time no Blog

It's such a long time that I last blogged. I will put up the pictures that were taken these few months since I returned to kh.

This is the first show that I acted when I returned to kh. I was very stressed up cos we performed this show at drama centre. Furthermore, I was still adapting to kh since I have not touched opera for many years.
This is a happy experience for me. My first time to Drama Centre. It was very cold at the backstage. We tried to take candid shots and made funny faces. I think my makeup was very nice cos it's done by k.



This is the first show after my customary. I was super stressed up due to lack of practices and my stamina has not recovered after my wedding. Leader and my kh friends were still worried for me a few days before the actual performance. I tend to pant a lot and I could not reach the high notes.
Luckily, it was over. I was sabotaged by the mic. Imagine the audience could not hear me at all (I caused them to watch pantomime). Maybe I was not sabotaged. It was all because of my soft voice. Though I did not do well for this show, I was glad that I gained some experience. My target is to gain as much as experience now and work on my acting skill. I will take up whatever role given to me as long as I can go on stage to learn.

This is the recent show. I was very excited when leader offered me this role. I acted this character once donkey years ago. I like this character very much cos she is very lively. This was also the first show that I learned when I first joined kh. I remembered my makeup and hairdo were terrible plus horrible. Mx couldn't stand me and decided to do a makeover for me. Hahaha...

After so many years, I acted the same role. I was still bothered about my panting problem. Leader and friends were still worried. Hahaha...I tried to control my diet a week before the actual performance and I was still coughing non-stop at the backtage.

Luckily it turned out to be fine despite looking like a kitchen maid. I felt that I was better than 7 years ago. I was more lively and my movements were slightly better. Of course I have my own secret weapon to help me....(shall not elaborate on this)......

Hopefully we can act this show again. I will want to improve some more.

Next Sat is another performance. Though I'm taking up a small role, I still look forward cos this is my fav show. I like the couple characters in this show (Somemore acted by pple who I like).


5 comments:

amai said...

Too skinny...eat more, MORE...MORE...aiyo....

Anonymous said...

oh.. i didnt realised that u were coughing... but u indeed did well for lan xiang - much better than Jade.

hope i can do well on this Sat - my fav show too!
xj

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to put on weight...Ironically, I will be unwell somehow and lose weight again....:(

Juan, thanks for your encouragement...I will work harder...

Thanks amai too...your sms is indeed my motivation...hehe...

Ni

juanjuan said...

kpo a bit... what mai sms u?

amai said...

The sms was that she has done her lanxiang better than Jade and can see that she has improved.