Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Terrible First Week

Like Mx and BBQ, I'm also having a hectic first week and it is still going on... There's so much work and this coming Friday, I've got to work till very late at night...sigh....Leader announced that there would be no practice on Thursday for Group Mai. I was wondering if it was a blessing in disguise. I would very much like to rehearse more but I really need to run errands for my work and myself...(Though I have to leave my school at 7.30pm, I have to continue to work at home....) Please lor, I need a life too! Who will be in the right mind to sell himself or herself entirely to work or opera?

Recently, one of my friends asked me casually if I would give up opera one day. Maybe my partner would want me to spend more time with him? I smiled and told him that I would maybe. People change as they grow older.

I feel that I have been neglecting my family for quite some time...I simply have too much work to do. I met my best friend online yesterday. I felt so paiseh as I wanted to meet her in June but I was too busy. I really appreciate her understanding...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think yday 2 of us were late - thats why leader wanted to change 1of our gp to thus so that both gp have enough practices- but i thk she asked around - haha, mai u and wmy looked hestitating and my gp hong and ya want to keep thus for their miles so in the end no thus for both gps lor.

I also neglected my family for vvvv long time liao - my mon-fri are all for ot. and my sat and sun is kh. no time for myself and family ~ soon it come a time that i have to either change job or let go my hobby.
xj

Ni said...

Yes, juan...that's why we got panda eyes and tired look every day...hahaha...

Anonymous said...

hey guyz! itz me..xianggong:)
pls.hang on there & dun givup..wk is wk lor..i understand how it feel..remember me sloging so hard last time till wee hours due to the incompetency of my superior & colleague (well, they said since i am fast & familiar wif the stuffz, i can do it by myself) anyway after 5 over years there, i decided to FIRE them..see me now v happie (my NEW team-mates know how to respect ppl and their work) many asked why i lost so much weight, the reason is simple (i dun work at my desk all the time asking my interns to TABAO (breakfast/lunch/dinner/supper) and eat at my desk anymore..i go out lunch everyday and walk quite a bit:) RIGHT, i am not encouraging job hopping but guess our this age is the best time to review our career path (after the degree/experience & network etc) must choose something which is justifiable. cos early 20s are still lack of experience and too long in one company make one complacent in their comfprt zone and after mid-40s, might be too late (no one now in this era still expect LONG SERVICE AWARD) i told 1st wife the same thing too!
Remember: LIke your job but dun fall in love with it cos you never know when the company stop loving you..no one is indispensable!
as for opera, take it as an interest (isn't we 1st start off with that passion?) we are there to learn new things, make friends & have fun (not to manage a career or set up what F$^*%*^ FAN CLUB!!!) dun stress over that lah, like i always say: Get a Life! What you missed today might not return tomorrow
life is not abt.just work or opera..there is other things like family/relationship/friendship/other hobbies & interests & many more!!
hope i am not too straight fwd, you must jia you..Juan too, must ganbatte:) any hiccups, i am just a call away:) cheerioz! SK

Ni said...

Thanks xiang gong for your encouragement...